Full Time | San Francisco, CAEssential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Designing & Building robust Architecture: Support backend, frontend, and mobile services and implement architecture, PoC’s, solutions according to business needs and priorities; Follow established processes and design patterns and actively contribute to improve them.
- Troubleshoot: Proactively work around road-blocks and communicate status and issues within the team and to relevant stakeholders; Write tests, review code, deploy projects, and help troubleshoot production issues.
- Innovate: Work alongside the stakeholders, services, web, mobile, and data teams to deliver value and improve processes; Stay up-to-date and leverage the latest relevant technology tools through prototypes, or robust solutions.
- Support: Be available during Priority 1 rotational support roles helping our services, infrastructure and production events that may impact reliability of our services. Additionally help develop tools and guides that benefit the broader engineering team during key escalations.
- Document: Develop and maintain key architectural documents outlining the technical operations of the business. Leverage Innovation and Design to improve these key artifacts through the deployment of new software, tools, or/and through the leadership of technical platforms.
- Over 7+ years of experience with a functional backend language (we use Node.js), or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or other relevant degree, or equivalent experience)
- Extensive proficiency with RESTful API design, testing, best practices, and monitoring tools
- Expertise in database schema design, querying, and management using PostgreSQL, Redshift,
- DynamoDB, Redis/Elasticache
- Experience with observability and debugging tools, leveraging data to investigate, resolve, and
- enhance products.
- Proven ability to lead technical discussions and gain consensus and deliver strong and robust
- architecture across a technical stack and multiple technical stacks/technologies.
- Self-starter mentality to drive projects forward.
- Pro-active collaboration with stakeholders, technical and product leadership, and engineering
- 7+ years of experience leading, architecting, designing, building, deploying, maintaining, and debugging complex applications, services, and infrastructure in production environments
- 10+ years of experience developing and delivering software applications.
- Comfortable using Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfortable with the AWS SDKs and services
- Experience with payment processor APIs (ex. Stripe, Apple In-App Payments)
- Able to clearly communicate technology and business rules to non-tech colleagues
- Proven track record to mentoring and improving technical skills and overall performance
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, designers, and front-end engineers
- Strong understanding of security best practices and experience implementing them in production environments
- Experience with performance optimization and monitoring tools like Datadog
- Start with the why
- Drive change
- Practice resilience
- Embrace progress over perfection
- Communicate openly
- Win together
- This position is fully remote for anyone living in California, Arkansas, Minnesota, Florida, or Texas.
- Some travel may be required for in-person collaboration
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.