Lead Data Scientist
Full Time | San Francisco, CAPosition Overview:
The Lead Data Scientist will formulate Glo’s data strategy and work with the Data Engineer to implement the appropriate architecture and execute on the strategy. This role will be responsible for enabling data-driven decisions across the Company by sourcing accurate data, building scalable infrastructure, and delivering analytics with predictive modeling. Use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. Lead the team to implement methods to improve data reliability and quality.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership in Data space
- Lead the effort to build, implement and support the data infrastructure
- Manage team of 2 data engineers
- Own majority of the deliverables for the Data team
- Develop and test architectures that enable data extraction and transformation for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Analyze and confirms the integrity of source data to be evaluated
- Lead the development of data-driven solutions by working with stakeholders
- Develop and maintain predictive models supporting both product & data initiatives
- Ensure data quality and integrity in modeling by working with data engineers and analysts
- Communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders through visualizations and presentations
- Mentor junior data scientists and provide guidance on best practices
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in data science to improve modeling capabilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align data-driven solutions with business objectives
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in data science, machine learning, and statistical modeling
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, R, SQL, and SAS
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, MixPanel, Google Looker
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts and machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of data engineering and data warehousing concepts, including RedShift, Redshift Spectrum, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and lead projects from ideation to implementation
- Experience mentoring junior data scientists and guiding best practices in modeling and analysis.
- Experience building ML Models for new Product Features & Fraud
- Experience with Open Source Data Visualization tools
- Experience with Databricks, Reverse ETL
Cultural Values Qualifications:
- Start with the why
- Drive change
- Practice resilience
- Embrace progress over perfection
- Communicate openly
- Win together
- This position is fully remote for anyone living in California, Arkansas, Minnesota, Florida, or Texas.
- Some travel may be required for in-person collaboration
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.