Email Marketing Coordinator
Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
Email Marketing Coordinator
Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for a full-time ambitious Junior Email Marketing Coordinator to assist the existing team with continuing to build our lower funnel strategies, deepen customer engagement, and reduce churn. Reporting to the Email Marketing Specialist, you will be primarily focused on email strategy, briefing campaigns and HTML coding. Email marketing is focused primarily on engagement for all of our user touch points, including CRM, email, app, and push notifications, with a focus on increasing paid subscriptions, driving retention, and lengthening LTV.
To be successful in the role, you should have at least 2 years in email marketing and CRM experience, be able to think big picture and focus on the details, enjoy testing, iterating and staying on top of current email marketing trends. In addition, your relentless drive, passion for the customer, and roll up your sleeves attitude will empower you to execute excellent work.
What You’ll Do
- Build CRM programs across customer segments with a focus on email marketing, in partnership with our Email Marketing Specialist
- Assist with designing and building processes around campaign management and marketing automation: tools, workflows, A/B testing, profiling, segmentation, personalization, triggered events, customer journey, quantitative test designs, and activation to drive retention KPIs
- Code and deploy marketing emails through ESP
- Review marketing analytics and identify opportunities to increase new member acquisition, current member activation and winback efforts
- Analyze campaign performance, seek ways to optimize campaigns, and propose improvement ideas
- Implement email marketing best practices and stay current with trends and email marketing tactics in the health & wellness, direct-to-consumer and subscription fields
- Assist in QA of all email campaigns ensuring accuracy across the Glo app, iOS and web platforms before sending to stakeholders
- Work with Email Marketing Specialist to manage email calendar and coordinate deployments for campaigns
- Understand our customer segmentation and customer journey and use data and innovative ideas to explore and test new segments for email and push campaigns
Who You Are
- Project management pro. You have exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ambitious. You’re fueled by the challenges of working in a fast-moving company and are seeking an opportunity to create unique customer touch points that surprise and delight.
- Analytical thinker. Your data-driven insights are second-to-none, but you also believe that understanding the whole story often requires qualitative context.
- Curious with a bias for action. You’re able to think big picture, and ultimately believe that the only way to learn is through taking calculated risks.
- Flexible. You’re able to work in a fast-moving and fluid team environment while remaining focused and calm under tight deadlines.
- Left and right-brained. You can shift between doing the right thing for customer experience and driving toward business goals.
- In the know. You stay on top of what is trending culturally and technologically in the health & wellness, lifestyle, digital marketing and direct-to-consumer spaces.
- At least 2 years of experience with Iterable or similar ESPs
- Ability to code HTML and CSS in Adobe DreamWeaver is a plus, but at minimum, capacity to use HTML and CSS in email production
- Previous, applicable experience in subscription-based B2C business and/or with health, wellness, fitness, or behavior change products
- Ability to comfortably navigate various email and CRM tools
Culture matters to us. We invest significant time, focus, and resources to build the best work environment possible. Since we spend a huge chunk of our waking hours at work, we want our team to find fulfillment, enjoyment, and flow in their day to day.
That’s why we work hard to ensure Glo is a place where you can be yourself and do your best work, and we encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. We offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, weekly pulse check updates, and a People Operations and management team that is ready to help address any questions or concerns in real-time.
Our Benefits: Our internal mission is to make Glo a great place to work where you can learn and maximize your potential. In order to do that we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits. Although we’re still a small but mighty team of ~50 employees, we know the basics matter. In addition to competitive salary, in-line with much larger companies, we offer 401k and cover 100% of monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, and dental insurance premiums.
- Distributed Work Environment. We operate as a remote-first team that comes together at a few key points throughout the year in Los Angeles for strategy, planning and celebration. We provide the equipment along with a stipend when you start to help you set up your home workspace to fit your needs.
- Flexible PTO. Just as we trust you to get the work done in the way and place that works best for you, we encourage you to take time off when you need it. We also block out “self-care hour” in the middle of each week as a reminder to regularly make space for your health & wellness.
- Paid Parental Leave. Primary caregivers are given 12 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. Secondary care givers can choose to take up to 4 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption.
- Learning, Development & Growth. We take your professional growth seriously - conducting bi-annual performance reviews and providing an independent Learning & Development budget that starts at $500/person. Whether it's a conference or online course, we encourage each team member to commit to continuous learning so they can be the best at their craft.