Director of Product Design (UX/UI)
Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
Glo is a digital platform for total well-being. We help our community feel their best in body and mind through on-demand yoga, meditation, and Pilates classes with world-class teachers. The Design Director plays an important role in Glo’s mission and vision to connect people through self-care so that, together, we can heal ourselves and our planet.
We're looking for a Director of Product Design (UX/UI) to lead our design process and ensure that our products look beautiful, feel intuitive, and provide an exceptional user experience to our members. As the Design Director, you'll be responsible for setting the direction and strategy for all of Glo’s product design and defining the overall experience of the product. In this role, you’ll play a key role in user research, creating wireframes, building prototypes, and workflows with the goal of improving how the product looks and feels, its ease of interaction, and enhancing its branding material. You'll work closely with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure that design is integrated into every aspect of our product development process.
In order to be considered for this role, you must currently reside in one of the following states: CA, TX, FL, AR or MN.
What You’ll Do
- Design Strategy:
- Bring a strong product sense and user empathy to design decisions.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define overall strategy.
- Conduct user research in partnership with product managers to gain a deep understanding of user pain points.
- Design Process:
- Drive design progress of relevant product development.
- Take responsibility for the creative vision and the standard of output across team members.
- Influences overall design direction of product area and actively seeks input from key stakeholders.
- Establish design systems.
- Ensure all creative output/visuals are consistent with the overall brand.
- Design Sprints:
- Join the product team in design sprints to quickly iterate on product features.
- Design features from research, concept, hypothesis, experiment variations, and test setup.
- Initiate and drive product design with business and product strategy, leading collaboration with product and engineering team members.
- Wireframes and prototypes:
- Lead wireframe design strategy and decisions for the product.
- Create and iterate on wireframes and active prototypes using a prototyping tool.
- UX/UI for core applications:
- Ensure all products and experiences are delivered on time, on budget, and to the highest standards of quality.
- Turn wireframes into high-fidelity designs across iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Android, Web, and Mobile Web.
- Deliver consistent designs, cross-platform, to the engineering team.
- Annotate high-fidelity designs for quick development.
Who You Are
- You have a track record of creating beautiful, intuitive designs that create an exceptional user experience, ideally in a content-rich environment.
- You are a human-centric designer who is passionate about understanding users and creating products that meet their needs. You may even have some social media design experience.
- You have experience mapping customer journeys and creating user flows that guide users through complex tasks.
- You have an eye for detail and can create magical and immersive UI experiences for customers.
- You have experience creating awesome user experiences amid large libraries of searchable content (audio files, video content, digital marketing content, classes, etc) and/or with marketplace products.
- You thrive in environments where you can work at a strategic level, but you’re also willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work when needed.
- You're endlessly curious and want to know everything there is to know about the company, the user, the ideology behind the product, and the product vision.
- You're aware of what drives your decision-making process, and you can identify when your choices are data-driven or based on intuition and experience.
- You're a clear communicator who can defend your work and the choices you make, while also staying open to receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of inspiring and building teams with clear goals and measurable impact.
- You're passionate about the wellness tech space and connect with Glo's mission.
- 10+ years of product design, focusing on UI and UX
- 5 or more years of experience as a senior-level designer
- 10+ years of experience with Figma and other design tools
- Keen eye for mobile-first and clean design
- Experience working with and expanding existing design system
- BA in a design field preferred, but not required
- Experience with UX research
- Some coding experience (JS or Swift) preferred
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. While the position will be work remote, candidates should ideally live in the Greater LA area. We are open to hiring candidates in CA, TX, FL, AR and MN. We are currently a growing team of about 50 people. We offer industry-competitive salary and generous benefits including fully paid medical, dental, and life insurance; 401K with match; and paid holidays, vacation, and sick time. As part of a wellness-focused company, you will enjoy taking part in traditions that reflect our mission and values, like weekly team meditations and Self-Care Hour. You will be joining a team of talented people who care immensely—about each other, our community, and our planet. If you’re passionate about what you do and how you can help Glo impact the lives of its members, we want to hear from you.