Senior iOS Engineer
Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to build and maintain features on our iOS, tvOS, and watchOS applications.
The Senior iOS Engineer will play an essential role in building, maintaining and improving our iOS, tvOS, watchOS applications while setting an example for our team of other talented iOS Engineers. A senior iOS engineering is expected to be an expert at all things iOS, Swift, UIKit, and Xcode. They should love getting their hands dirty with profiling, performance testing, and writing clean and scalable code.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build and Maintain iOS, tvOS, watchOS apps: Write clean and scalable code on all of our Apple platforms apps. Develop new features with an eye for future-proofing and good architecture. Hit aggressive deadlines.
- Aid in System Architecture: Understand good architecture, working with the team lead to design and implement new architecture system wide.
- Scope, Code, Deliver: Assist project management in detailed scoping of features and tech work, communicate with teammates, and deliver ahead of schedule.
- Mentorship: This role will work on a team with other iOS engineers of varying skill levels. It is expected that a senior engineer will spend some of their time mentoring and teaching more junior members of the team and helping them level up.
- 4+ years of iOS engineering in Objective-C or Swift
- 1+ years of iOS engineering in Swift
- Experience programming at least 1 tvOS app
- Experience with Apple App Store, Xcode, UIKit, StackViews, Git and Github
- Deep knowledge of performance and profiling tools for Apple apps
- Strong self-QA skills and a keen eye for detail and UI
- Experience with JIRA or other project management software
- Interest in all things apple, up to date on new iOS releases, new frameworks, and subscription IAP
Glo is an online yoga and meditation platform that features thousands of professionally-filmed yoga, meditation, and lecture classes.
Based in Santa Monica, CA, Glo was founded in 2008 by brothers Derik and Ryan Mills on a quest to make yoga accessible for as many people as possible. Over the past decade, Glo has grown organically thanks to our passionate members and world-class teacher community.
Our office is open, inviting, dog-friendly. We offer great benefits, a generous time off policy, and daily yoga or meditation breaks. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its users.
At Glo, we see yoga as the acceptance of the invitation to live fully—a lifelong process that begins as soon as we recognize that we all share the same human condition. Our intention is to empower people from all around the world to engage with yoga, a practice that goes far beyond physical movement on a mat.