The secret to this incredible veggie burger? Beets! With special sauce and all the fixings, these burgers are party ready, but also great for a solo night in. Press play, then look out for an email containing a copy of the recipe!
4 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
3 Tbsp mayonnaise, vegan or regular
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp chopped white onion
Salt to taste (we recommend maldon)
1 Tbsp beet, finely minced
1 large carrot
1/2 bunch dino kale, tough stems removed
2 small red beets
1/2 head romaine lettuce
2 stalks celery
1/2 white onion, diced
1 Tbsp coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for frying)
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1.5 cup quinoa or brown rice, cooked and cooled
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1/3 cup organic ketchup
Cheese slices, vegan or regular
Buns or english muffins, gluten free or regular
Bibb lettuce leaves (or any lettuce variety you have available)
1/2 red onion, slivered
1 tomato, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
1. Place carrot, kale, beet, romaine and celery in the food processor and blitz into tiny pieces.
2. Saute white onion in 1 Tbsp of coconut or extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add chopped mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Deglaze the pan with 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce and sprinkle in 2 Tbsp of nutritional yeast flakes.
5. Remove mushrooms from heat and set aside.
6. Combine veggies, mushroom mixture and quinoa in a large mixing bowl. Mix in remaining 1 Tbsp of tamari, ketchup, and 2 more Tbsp of nutritional yeast. Salt to taste.
7. Warm 1-2 tsp of oil on a large frying pan over medium heat. Create a patty out of your mixture and gingerly place into the pan (the patties may crumble easily).
8. Cook for 3-4 minutes, and then flip with a spatula (don't panic if they fall apart, you can reshape them once they flip).
9. Cook for another 3-4 minutes on the second side.
10. Add cheese and cover with a lid so the cheese melts quickly.
11. If you are building a traditional burger, transfer your patty to your bun of choice. Layer with sauce, mustard, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and red onion.