Make these beautiful, spicy, crunchy kelp noodles in minutes! Bright and light, they're perfect before a yoga practice as they won't bog you down. Press play, then look out for an email containing a copy of the recipe!
Spicy Kelp Noodles Salad
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, about the size of your thumb
1/2 cup almond butter
1.5 tsp honey
1.5 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 limes, juiced
1/4 cup water
12oz bag kelp noodles, rinsed and cut
1 carrot, shredded
3 green onions, thinly sliced (white + green parts)
1/2 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, lime wedges
1. Remove about a thumb size of ginger, remove skin with the tip of a spoon or knife, and mince finely.
2. Combine minced ginger, almond butter, honey, tamari, sesame oil, lime juice into a blender.
3. Keep blender running on low and add water as needed, blending until smooth.
4. Taste as you go so you can modify your sauce - remember you want it to be strong as it will dilute once it covers the noodles.
5. Add a pinch of salt and good glug of hot sauce if desired.
1. Combine noodles and sauce in a large bowl and toss until noodles are well coated.
2. Add carrots, cabbage, green onion, and toss again.
3. Transfer into serving bowls and garnish with avocado, extra fresh herbs, hot sauce and any additional salt.