Customer Experience Lead
Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are
Glo is a digital platform for total well-being. We help our community feel their best in body and mind through on-demand and livestream yoga, meditation, Pilates, and fitness classes with world-class teachers. The CX manager will play an essential role in Glo’s mission and vision to connect people through self-care.
We are at a pivotal point in our development, growing and seeking a Customer Experience (CX) Manager/Lead. In this role you will lead the day to day operations for a team of associates working offshore remotely. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that we always do right by our customers and you’ll manage outcomes core to the success of our employees and customers.
- Liaise with stakeholders to improve coordination and champion the voice of the customer (VoC) as we pursue business expansion activities
- Work with the team to develop, document, implement, track, reinforce and improve policies and processes that are material to the customer experience.
- Monitor, assess and make recommendations to improve team process, objectives and performance with reduced variability/defects across the customer journey.
- Participate in business projects and initiatives, especially those that are impactful to and/or pose a risk to the customer experience
- Handle and resolve customer escalations to mitigate risk to brand
- Benchmark, recommend & implement best practices for retention and LTV
- Run surveys to gain key insights from customers based on company and department objectives (ex. “why” people subscribe and unsubscribe to the service)
- Build a system of recovery of members after a negative experience and recommend mechanisms to retain these members
- Partner with Marketing to engage and convert new members being acquired through different channels with a personalized experience
- Partner with Product and Content to execute experiences designed to increase personalization, engagement and retention
- Develop subject matter expertise across relevant operating requirements, tools, policies and processes in order to effectively coach and lead team
- Responsible for hiring, on-boarding, training, performance and development of team members to ensure high levels of staff engagement and retention
- Prioritize, distribute and manage key aspects of CX operations and new business efforts
- Audit customer interactions, synthesize customer data/feedback and coach/support team members as they strive to deliver the best customer experience and drive customer loyalty
- Accountable for team performance, corrective action, reviews and employee concerns
- Responsible for employee time, attendance, payroll and personnel needs
- 4+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of customer support/experience in an online consumer facing subscription environment
- 2+ years of supervisor and/or manager level experience
- 2+ years of Zendesk administration
- 2+ years of leading offshore outsourced team of agents
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Project/program management experience
- Live chat, concierge, and automation experience preferred
- Flexible availability, including nights and weekends as needed
- Demonstrated ability to manage, triage and de-escalate customer and employee issues
Skills and Traits:
- High attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to self-manage and ability to manage behaviors, thoughts and emotions in productive ways
- Ability to act on limited data in ambiguous situations with strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Rigorous analytical skills
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to influence decision making
- Decision making in fast paced and rapidly evolving operating environment
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Coaching, mentoring and motivational skills
- Excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Drive for results, sense of urgency
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.