Sr. HR Manager
Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
Committed to attracting and retaining top talent, the Sr. HR Manager will act as the business partner for Glo’s people managers through the full employee life cycle: recruiting, hiring, onboarding, performance management, development, and offboarding. With excellent working knowledge of current best practices in the HR field, they will also be a resource to employees with questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
The HR Manager will process, verify and maintain documentation relating to all HR activities such as hiring and onboarding, training and performance evaluations. They will support the administration of employee compensation and benefits programs. The Sr. HR Manager will also help to schedule training and development programs, and they will support with the development and execution of company wide events and culture initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Recruiting & Hiring: Manage the full-cycle talent acquisition process from sourcing, to pipeline management, to offer negotiation and closing; Creatively source candidates from multiple channels including referrals, research, active and passive sourcing; Regularly meet with hiring managers to keep searches on track and in line with our company values; Demonstrate passion about our recruiting data and maintain everything in our ATS, to inform data-driven decisions; Continuously improve our employer brand and be an ambassador for our values.
- Onboarding: Manage the collection and documentation of new hire paperwork; Facilitate the onboarding process for new hires; Continually monitor feedback from new hires and hiring managers to iterate and improve onboarding processes; design strategies for effective remote onboarding and work to ensure new hires feel connected and set up for success in their roles.
- Benefits & Compensation: Support in the management and development of benefit programs including 401k, open enrollment, wellness and volunteer programs; use compensation data to inform decision making; help to administer wage reviews.
- Employee Experience & Company Events: Administer employee engagement surveys and use data to inform HR priorities; Support planning and facilitation of company-wide events.
- Employee Development & Performance: Provide performance management process guidance; Support leaders in facilitating successful bi-annual reviews; Manage bi-annual review cycles; Assist with company training and education programs.
- Employee Relations & Offboarding: Facilitate the offboarding process; Conduct exit interviews; Share feedback from exit interviews with company leaders; Field employee complaints, suggestions and questions and escalate appropriately; use feedback to improve the employee experience overtime.
- Compliance: Stay up-to-date with state and federal labor and employment laws; Develop and implement applicable policies and procedures to reduce HR compliance risk; Provide support in the interpretation and implementation of Glos HR policies and guidelines; Manage Glo’s employment records to ensure all data is complete and accurate.
Who You Are
- You’re an HR rockstar who loves creating systems and structure to foster a values-driven culture and drive business performance.
- You have exposure to all areas of HR - but you pride yourself on your ability to administer key HR processes like recruiting, onboarding, and performance management.
- You invest in your own learning and enjoy supporting others’ growth and development.
- You love to get things done, and you’re innately driven to go above and beyond to produce great work.
- You have experience handling confidential information, escalating issues when appropriate, and advocating on behalf of both the employee and the employer.
- You have a highly collaborative approach and a strong focus on internal customer service.
- You can build upon existing processes and programs, leveraging data and feedback to continuously improve upon them.
- You have been successful at establishing trust and credibility at all levels of an organization.
- You are a strong listener and an adept problem solver.
- 5+ years of experience in a human resources manager role.
- 3+ years talent acquisition experience, ideally within a technical and creative environment.
- Familiarity with all parts of the employee lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent knowledge of best HR practices and industry standards.
- Exceptional communication skills and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS and ATS systems.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and environmental awareness.
- Must live in California or Texas, preferably LA or Austin.
- Experience in a startup environment.
- SHRM or other certification.
- Skills & specialties include: Benefits & Compensation; Benefits Administration; Employee Relations; Full-Cycle Recruiting; Human Resources Information System (HRIS); Performance Management.
Our Culture & Benefits: Our internal mission is to make Glo a great place to work where you can learn and maximize your potential. In order to do that we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits. Although we’re still a small but mighty team of ~50 employees, we know the basics matter. In addition to competitive salary, we offer 401k with match, FSA and cover 100% of monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Distributed Work Environment. We operate as a remote-first team that comes together once or twice during the year in Los Angeles for strategy, planning and celebration. We also provide the equipment when you start to help you set up your home workspace, and a free coworking membership for days you need to get out of the house!
- Flexible PTO. Just as we trust you to get the work done in the way and place that works best for you, we encourage you to take time off when you need it. We also block out “self-care hour” in the middle of each week as a reminder to regularly make space for your health & wellness.
- Paid Parental Leave. Primary caregivers are given 12 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. Secondary caregivers can take up to 4 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption.
- Learning, Development & Growth. We take your professional growth seriously - conducting bi-annual performance reviews and providing an independent Learning & Development budget that starts at $500/person. Whether it's a conference or online course, we encourage each team member to commit to continuous learning so they can be the best at their craft.
- Company Culture. We invest significant time and energy to build the best work environment possible, and we encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. That’s why we offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, weekly pulse checks, and a People Ops and management team that is ready to address questions or concerns in real-time.