Social Media & Content Marketing Manager
Full Time | Santa Monica, CA
Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that help people to live a fulfilling life. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for an ambitious Social Media and Content Marketing Manager. This role will strategize and manage all of Glo’s social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter and any new marketing channels that are developed. Reporting into the Senior Project Manager of Marketing & Content, this cross-functional role will work closely with content production, copy, and in-house experts to develop engaging content that will generate Marketing Qualified Leads for Glo.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop Glo’s social media strategy and roadmap with a focus on new content ideas prioritizing community growth, engagement, and ultimately acquiring new members. Work with the Marketing team to integrate social strategy within the context of the larger Marketing and Company strategy.
- Concept, write, post, direct message, and build community across all of Glo’s social platforms including: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and any new marketing channels that are developed
- Create, curate and manage all published content to align with with the social media strategy and defined KPIs
- Collaborate with internal departments to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems
- Work with the product and content teams to promote product launches, new classes, and teachers in a social-friendly manner
- Deliberate planning and goal setting, including providing reporting, insights and optimizations that align with the KPIs
- Coordinate social marketing strategy with our teachers to support Glo initiatives and campaigns
- Develop and implement our influencer strategy to drive awareness and acquisition of new members
Content and Product Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Campaigns, Product Launches, and Content Calendar - Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific timely marketing campaigns in an effort to increase website traffic, increase brand awareness, increase community to reduce churn, improve Glo’s point of view on trust + online representation
- Take learnings and insight and implement proficient long-term and short-term strategies based on those learnings
Research and Reporting
- Synthesize behavioral insights and apply to Glo’s strategy and execution in connection with social media strategy.
- Establish an internal reporting system to report on results and provide insights on a regular basis
- 3-5 years experience managing social media (at a health and wellness company, subscription-based is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or psychology a plus
- Established ability to create images, GIFs, and videos as needed
- Established ability to write on-asset and caption copy as needed
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
- Proven success working in fast-paced team environments
- Strong listening and communication skills
The ideal candidate will be a true marketing & social media guru, as demonstrated by:
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, including their respective strengths, nuances, success metrics, and relevant demographics
- Understanding of the individual voice, audience and configuration of each social media platform in order to optimize our engagement with different communities
- Knowledge of each social media channel’s algorithms and ability to track keyword and hashtag performance
- Ability to think outside of the box to develop innovative way to reach potential members through social media
- Up to speed with the latest social media tools and trends, including how brands are converting users through social channels
Our Culture & Benefits:
Our internal mission is to make Glo a great place to work where you can learn and maximize your potential. In order to do that we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits. Although we’re still a small but mighty team of ~50 employees, we know the basics matter. In addition to competitive salary, we offer 401k with match and cover 100% of monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Distributed Work Environment. We operate as a remote-first team that comes together once or twice during the year in Los Angeles for strategy, planning and celebration. We also provide the equipment when you start to help you set up your home workspace.
- Flexible PTO. Just as we trust you to get the work done in the way and place that works best for you, we encourage you to take time off when you need it. We also block out “self-care hour” in the middle of each week as a reminder to regularly make space for your health & wellness.
- Paid Parental Leave. Primary caregivers are given 12 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. Secondary caregivers can take up to 4 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption.
- Learning, Development & Growth. We take your professional growth seriously - conducting bi-annual performance reviews and providing an independent Learning & Development budget that starts at $500/person. Whether it's a conference or online course, we encourage each team member to commit to continuous learning so they can be the best at their craft.
- Company Culture. We invest significant time and energy to build the best work environment possible, and we encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. That’s why we offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, weekly pulse checks, and a People Ops and management team that is ready to address questions or concerns in real-time.
** Please note that Glo is currently only hiring FT employees who live in California and Texas.