Contracted to Full Time
About Glo: Glo (originally YogaGlo) was founded in 2008 before online fitness classes became mainstream. Originally embracing the yoga and meditation communities, Glo added pilates and fitness as core competencies most recently. Active in 164 countries, Glo has become a go-to for people seeking mindful movement all over the globe.
About the Project: In the last two years, as people have spent more time living and working from home, Glo’s online classes for yoga, pilates, meditation, and fitness have supported our community of members in mind and body. In an effort to engage with and meet the needs of a diverse community, Glo is looking for a new product team to add direction, organization, and vision to their 10+ person engineering team as they roll out new features and enhancements.
About the Position: Glo is looking for an experienced Product Designer that can manage new features and product enhancements while maintaining and driving a larger product design vision. We anticipate initially hiring for this position as a contractor, so you can work from anywhere as long as you’re willing to accommodate 5+ hours/day overlapping with the majority of our team who operates on Pacific Time from Southern California. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its members.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Taking part in design sprints: Join the product team in design sprints to quickly iterate on product features. Initiate product design with business and product strategy, collaborating with product and engineering team members.
- Creating wireframes and prototypes: Create and iterate on wireframes and active prototypes using a prototyping tool.
- Create UX and UI for core applications: Turn wireframes into high-fidelity designs across iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Web and Mobile Web. Deliver consistent designs, cross-platform, to the engineering team. Annotate high-fidelity designs for quick development
- Maintain master design files: Maintain master design files including sketch files, photoshop files and asset libraries.
You’re the right person for this opportunity if…
- You have created awesome user experiences amid large libraries of searchable content (audio files, video content, digital marketing content, classes, etc).
- You are a human-centric designer - and not just in a buzzword kind of way. You understand how design can influence user behaviors. You may even have some social media design experience!
- You have mapped out some pretty awesome customer journeys
- You are a seasoned designer with at least 7 years of experience
- You can create magical and immersive UI experiences for customers
- You thrive in environments where you can both work at a strategic level and roll up your sleeves and do the work when needed.
- You are endlessly curious. You want to know everything there is to know about the company, the user, the ideology behind the product, and the product vision
- You are aware of what drives your decision making and can identify when your choice is data-driven, based on a gut feeling or an experience.
- You are a clear communicator that can defend your work and the choices you make, while also staying open to receiving feedback.
- You have the sterling ability to inspire others and have demonstrated experience in building teams with clear goals and measurable impact.
- You are passionate about the health & wellness tech space and connect with Glo’s mission.
- You are kind - jerks need not apply!
Qualifications that would set you up for success include:
- 3+ years of product design, focusing on UI and UX
- Product design portfolio with at least 5 examples
- 3+ years of experience in Sketch, from defining the basic style guide to comprehensive symbol library.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Invision
- Keen eye for mobile-first and clean design
- Experience working with and expanding existing design system
- Some coding experience - JS or Swift
- BA in a design field preferred, but not required
- Experience with UX research