About Glo: Glo (originally YogaGlo) was founded in 2008 before online fitness classes became mainstream. Originally embracing the yoga and meditation communities, Glo added pilates and fitness as core competencies most recently. Active in 164 countries, Glo has become a go-to for people seeking mindful movement all over the globe.
In the last two years, as people have spent more time living and working from home, Glo’s online classes for yoga, pilates, meditation, and fitness have supported our community of members in mind and body. In an effort to engage with and meet the needs of a diverse community, Glo is looking for a new product team to add direction, organization, and vision to their 10+ person engineering team as they roll out new features and enhancements.
About the Project: Glo is looking for a Senior Product Manager to add direction to a new Product Team. This design-centric PM will be responsible for managing new features and enhancement requests. We anticipate initially hiring for this position as a contractor, so you can work from anywhere as long as you’re willing to accommodate 5+ hours/day overlapping with the majority of our team who operates on Pacific Time from Southern California. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its members.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Play a key role in moving the product from ideation to launch: Working directly with the COO and Head of Product, you’ll move items out of the backlog, and see them through the design process, testing, and work directly with the Engineering Project Manager.
- Develop KPIs and Measure Product Success: Defining meaningful KPIs and gathering metrics with the Data Science team to report on and calculate the ROI on product launches and engineering efforts.
- Maintain the Product Backlog: Organize and prioritize the product backlog, developing user stories for new enhancement and features.
You’re the right person for this opportunity if…
- You are deeply connected to the product lifecycle - from setting up and conducting user interviews, writing user stories and working with a designer to craft exceptional experiences, organizing and prioritizing a backlog, and iterating on MVPs.
- You have a passion for creating repeatable and scalable processes that can help facilitate growth, collaboration, and iterations.
- You are a proven asset to any product team and bring at least 5 years of experience.
- You are data-focused - with a keen eye for how to measure and track the success of enhancements and features.
- You LOVE measuring success - from defining what to measure, figuring out how to measure, and reporting on those metrics to show how product updates are (or are not) enhancing the customer experience.
- You are hyper-focused on scaling the things that are working well and adjusting the things that are not.
- You are interested in transitioning to more of a product owner that also owns the product vision and roadmap.
- You pay very close attention to friction within the customer journey and work collaboratively to find solutions for a better experience.
- Daily Standups are the perfect way to start a day!
- You are kind - jerks need not apply!
Qualifications that would set you up for success include:
- 5+ years of product management or similar experience for a digital product company.
- Advanced proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile Processes.
- Demonstrated business judgment as well as ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others.
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope.
- Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements.
- Track record of delivering innovative products and ability to work effectively within ambiguity.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and trade-offs while always looking out for the consumer.
- Experience with mobile development teams (iOS) preferred.
- Experience in the health and wellness space is a bonus.