Content Data Analyst
Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
Glo is a digital platform for total well-being. We help our community feel their best in body and mind through on-demand yoga, meditation, Pilates, and fitness classes with world-class teachers. The Content Data Analyst plays an important role in Glo’s mission and vision to connect people through self-care so that, together, we can heal ourselves and our planet.
The Content Data Analyst is responsible for data collection and analysis to better understand how members use the product in order to better serve their needs. Collaborating closely with a talented team of data engineers, you’ll provide the groundwork for data-driven decision-making and strategy. By stepping into this emerging role, you’ll have the opportunity to build a vision with the guidance of the Director of Content and Senior Content Manager & Strategist. If you’re someone who likes to lead with data to promote storytelling, this role is right for you.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and report on KPIs to key stakeholders to measure content performance
- Build valuation framework and models to conduct analyses for new content projects and initiatives
- Present actionable insights to the content team based on an understanding of how users interact with content within Glo’s product
- Proactive trend analyses to surface underlying insights and bring forth early strategic discussions
- Help to craft an ongoing experimentation program, including hypothesis formulation, experimental design, significance-setting, and post-experiment analysis
- Work closely with our Data team within the Engineering department to craft data structures and workflow pipelines, which will empower research and analytic questions
Who You Are
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills that equip you with the ability to synthesize broad findings to tell the story of data in order to create actionable recommendations
- You’re a critical thinker who isn’t afraid to challenge existing theories and assumptions through the use of data
- Your strategic analysis and interpretation skills allow you to leverage data and consumer information to promote strategy
- Your expert knowledge in user segmentation, consumer insights, and subscription metrics enables you to extract data for strategic collaboration
- You’re excited to work in a highly-collaborative environment where you’ll have the opportunity to engage with team members across departments, at times fulfilling duties that transcend your role
- Your inherent curiosity enables you to engage in dialogue and discourse with others, taking on a proactive approach to problem solving by asking the right questions
- You’re a self-starter who is great at working independently, but you’re aware of your accountability to a larger team, working hard to achieve collective goals with the larger organizational context in mind
- You’re drawn to the opportunity of working for a startup whose mission is constantly pivoting, making each day different from the next
- 4+ years experience in data analysis
- Strong experience in SQL
- Strong experience in either Python or R
- Familiar with Marketing optimization and Acquisition channels
- Experience navigating and working with very large data sets and developing large and complex data pipelines
- Experience with a data visualization tool, preferably Tableau
- Preferred experience working with a subscription service
- Must live in California or Texas and be willing to travel to Los Angeles 2-3x/year
This is a fully remote, full-time position, starting immediately. We are currently a growing team of about 50 people. The internal mission of Glo is to make Glo a great place to work where you can learn and maximize your potential. In order to do that we offer:
- Distributed Work Environment: We operate as a remote-first team that comes together at a few key points throughout the year in Los Angeles for strategy, planning and celebration. We provide the equipment along with a stipend when you start to help you set up your home workspace to fit your needs.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits; Although we’re still a growing team of about 50 employees, we know the basics matter. In addition to competitive salary, inline with mid-size media streaming companies, we offer 401k and we cover 100% of monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, and dental insurance premiums.
- Flexible PTO: Just as we trust you to get the work done in the way and place that works best for you, we encourage you to take time off when you need it.
- Learning, Development & Growth: We take your professional growth seriously - conducting bi-annual performance reviews and providing an independent Learning & Development budget that starts at $500/person right out of the gate. In addition, we will be growing significantly over the next few years. Our goal is to continuously learn and improve from our work and each other.
- Early Stage Startup Mentality: For those interested in early stage startups, Glo is a rare opportunity to join very early (~50 people) without taking on product-market fit, distribution, funding or compensation risk. While the company was founded over 10+ years ago, we are on a mission to invest in future growth.
- Company Culture: We work hard to ensure Glo is a place where you feel comfortable being yourself and you are able to do your best work, and we encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. We offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, weekly pulse check updates, and a People Operations and management team that is ready to help address any questions or concerns.