Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for an ambitious Graphic Designer to lead our in-house design efforts. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will be primarily focused on paid ads, email, homepage, social, app store and occasionally product designs.
To be successful in the role, you should have at least 5 years in graphic design, be able to think big picture and focus on the details, enjoy testing, iterating and staying on top of current design trends. Your relentless drive, passion for the customer, and roll up your sleeves attitude will empower you to execute excellent work. You must be willing and open to receive feedback from various stakeholders.
In addition to design, you should be passionate about digital marketing as well as health and wellness. This role will work hand-in-hand with our growth marketing team, copywriters, content and post-production teams from concept ideation to asset delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Design campaign-relevant graphics to support marketing channels, including social media, podcast, email, blog, paid advertisements, above the log in assets, including homepage and product packaging and all other content needs.
- Present design options to the Director of Marketing that achieve content goals and maintain the look and feel of the brand or campaign direction.
- Be aware and contribute to the knowledge of trends and best practices in the design community.
- Export assets from Sketch files to be coded by the marketing team.
- Resize Photography as it pertains to web design.
- Maintain current organization of file sharing.
- Light photo retouching.
- Create illustrations when needed.
Who You Are
- Project management pro. You have exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ambitious. You’re fueled by the challenges of working in a fast-moving company and are seeking an opportunity to create unique customer touch points that surprise and delight.
- Analytical thinker. Your data-driven insights are second-to-none, but you also believe that understanding the whole story often requires qualitative context.
- Curious with a bias for action. You’re able to think big picture, and ultimately believe that the only way to learn is through taking calculated risks.
- Flexible. You’re able to work in a fast-moving and fluid team environment while remaining focused and calm under tight deadlines.
- Left and right-brained. You can shift between doing the right thing for customer experience and driving toward business goals.
- In the know. You stay on top of what is trending culturally and technologically in the health & wellness, lifestyle, digital marketing and direct-to-consumer spaces.
- BA or BFA in graphic design or something similar
- Minimum 5 years of design experience, preferably at an agency or for a brand with a strong digital presence
- Mastery in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficient with Sketch and Figma
- Ability to speak with authority on design and UI fundamentals, such as layout, typography, and color
- Ability to translate company and department KPIs into engaging and innovative acquisition, social and viral brand representations
- Experience with direct response and subscription services a plus
- Familiarity with fitness and health & wellness categories preferred
- Experience with JIRA, Unbounce, Optimizely a plus
- Comfortable contributing to conceptual brainstorms and sharing ideas
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Able to take direction, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a team player and be open to feedback
Culture matters to us. We invest significant time, focus, and resources to build the best work environment possible. Since we spend a huge chunk of our waking hours at work, we want our team to find fulfillment, enjoyment, and flow in their day to day.
That’s why we work hard to ensure Glo is a place where you can be yourself and do your best work, and we encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. We offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, weekly pulse check updates, and a People Operations and management team that is ready to help address any questions or concerns in real-time.
Our Benefits: Our internal mission is to make Glo a great place to work where you can learn and maximize your potential. In order to do that we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits. Although we’re still a small but mighty team of ~50 employees, we know the basics matter. In addition to competitive salary, in-line with much larger companies, we offer 401k and cover 100% of monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, and dental insurance premiums.
- Distributed Work Environment. We operate as a remote-first team that comes together at a few key points throughout the year in Los Angeles for strategy, planning and celebration. We provide the equipment along with a stipend when you start to help you set up your home workspace to fit your needs.
- Flexible PTO. Just as we trust you to get the work done in the way and place that works best for you, we encourage you to take time off when you need it. We also block out “self-care hour” in the middle of each week as a reminder to regularly make space for your health & wellness.
- Paid Parental Leave. Primary caregivers are given 12 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. Secondary care givers can choose to take up to 4 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption.
- Learning, Development & Growth. We take your professional growth seriously - conducting bi-annual performance reviews and providing an independent Learning & Development budget that starts at $500/person. Whether it's a conference or online course, we encourage each team member to commit to continuous learning so they can be the best at their craft.