Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for a Front End Engineer to build and maintain features on our web application and our internal tooling.
You will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining both new and existing features on our web application and internal admin dashboard tools
- Helping devise strategies for how to best tackle building new features from a development perspective
- Researching available frameworks, tooling or libraries to find a best fit for a given project
- The full development lifecycle of your code: coding, test writing, documentation, peer review, ensuring it gets QA'd and deployment
- Being a resource to other less experienced engineers, and/or engineers from other teams
What you'll bring to Glo:
- Over 2 years of experience designing, building and maintaining front end projects.
- Programming experience in at least one of the following libraries/runtimes: Express.js, Node.js, Ember.js, React.js
- The ability to work autonomously, while also helping to mentor junior developers on the team
- Confidence to make educated decisions that influence the architecture of our applications
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
You Have Experience With:
- Object-oriented programming
- CSS pre-compilers (we use SASS)
- Responsive development
- HTML templating languages
- Test-driven development
- Writing documentation
It would be a plus to have experience with:
- Open source projects
- Automation testing
- The JSON API specification
What We Use:
- Ember.js & Ember Data
- Express.js & Node.js
- React.js & JSX
- ECMAScript 6
- SASS, CSS3 & BEM syntax
- Handlebars, HTMLBars & HTML5
- Mocha.js, QUnit, E2E Testing
- Agile methodologies
Glo is an online yoga and meditation platform that features thousands of professionally-filmed yoga, meditation, and lecture classes.
Based in Santa Monica, CA, Glo was founded in 2008 by brothers Derik and Ryan Mills on a quest to make yoga accessible for as many people as possible. Over the past decade, Glo has grown organically thanks to our passionate members and world-class teacher community.
Our office is open, inviting, dog-friendly. We offer great benefits, a generous time off policy, and daily yoga or meditation breaks. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its users.
At Glo, we see yoga as the acceptance of the invitation to live fully—a lifelong process that begins as soon as we recognize that we all share the same human condition. Our intention is to empower people from all around the world to engage with yoga, a practice that goes far beyond physical movement on a mat.