The Supervising Producer oversees content development and programming for all modalities, maintains best practices across all stages of content creation, and plays a big part in the research and discovery of new content. Reporting to the Director of Content, this role works closely with QA/QC members and teachers to kick off content development on upcoming visits. The Supervising Producer maintains and enforces Glo’s best practices to ensure all content is consistently meeting a high standard of quality. This role is also responsible for programming new classes, programs, courses, and collections across all modalities, communicating those dates cross-departmentally so teams can meet deadlines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Drive Creative Development: Kick off content development brainstorms ahead of teacher visits, pitching and discussing ideas with the Content Team based on data and research; Pitch, build, and publish new collections bi-monthly; Assist teachers in the development of new courses, anticipating needs and mapping out content planning strategies.
- Oversee Content Programming: Maintain content launch schedules to ensure deadlines are being met, and communicate anticipated future content shortages or needs; Employ a deep understanding of the end goal of any piece of content being produced and how it fits into the larger landscape across all of Glo.
- Enforce & Maintain Content Quality Standards: Own Glo’s strict content quality standards and lead point of contact for all high level compliance and policy questions; Take action when needed to elevate the quality of content; Review all new content launches to ensure accuracy of descriptions, titles, leveling and focus area tagging; Delegate tasks to appropriate QA/QC members on shoot days to ensure all content is executed to quality of excellence; Assist the Content and Production Teams plan shoot schedules around upcoming teacher visits in pre-production; Oversee onboarding for any new QAQC hires to maintain QA standards across modalities.
- Drive Research on Emerging Health & Wellness Trends: Regularly research and disseminate findings within health and wellness trends, teachers, and competitive fitness services; Analyze and research health and wellness trends as they relate to future content planning; Pitch and help review prospective new teachers across all modalities.
- 5+ years of experience in video production
- Extensive knowledge in the world of health and fitness, with an understanding of how to sequence fitness classes
- Familiar with a variety of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures, including yoga, meditation, Pilates, health and wellness fields and fitness, as well as filming protocols, etiquette, and process
- Expertise in managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- Experience working cross functionally between teams
- Has an eye for identifying on-camera talent; understands what characteristics are needed to lead an online class
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Experience with online and/or at-home fitness content formatting and liabilities
- Possess knowledge of human anatomy and vocabulary for communicating health and safety guidelines
- Extensive education in fitness/wellness, including certification(s) (holistic wellness, TCM, Ayurveda, fitness modalities, nutrition, etc.)
- Experience directing talent on-set
- Familiarity with operating project management software (Asana, Jira, etc.).
- Comfortable managing projects or a small team
- Must work onsite from HQ office located in Santa Monica, CA
- Flexibility to work nights or weekends, as needed
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.