Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. To help accomplish that mission, we are looking for a Data Infrastructure Engineer who can help us unlock the potential of the massive amounts of data we collect and scale our analytics capabilities. You will be responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure to enable the next generation of features and analysis.
You will help build and modernize our current data storages into a robust datalake and help continue building out our ETL services in airflow, in addition to working with our Head of Engineering and Client Team Lead to ensure that data is available for reporting and analysis, including a dashboard for business users.
What You Bring To Glo
- B.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or equivalent experience
- Over 4 years of experience designing, building and maintaining software
- Excellent SQL skills
- Exceptional programming experince in at least one of the following launguages; Node.js, Python, Scala.
- Experince with MySQL, PostgreSQL and experince with one or more NoSQL data stores(MongoDB, Redis, Etc)
- Experience with cloud-based services such as Amazon AWS or Azure
- Experience with ETL technologies such as Luigi or Airflow
- Experience building and training predictive models
What we use
- Amazon Web Services
- EC2, VPC, Route53, CloudFront, RDS (Redis, Aurora, PostGres), Cloudwatch, Lambda, S3, ElastiCache, CloudFormation, IAM, SQS, SNS
- Apache Airflow
- Node.js, Python, Scala
A Little About Us
Glo is an online yoga and meditation platform that features thousands of professionally-filmed yoga, meditation, Pilates, and lecture classes.
Based in Santa Monica, CA, YogaGlo was founded in 2008 by brothers Derik and Ryan Mills on a quest to make yoga accessible for as many people as possible. Over the past decade, Glo has grown organically thanks to our passionate members and world-class teacher community.
Our office is open, inviting, dog-friendly. We offer great benefits, a generous time off policy, and daily yoga or meditation breaks. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how YogaGlo can impact the lives of its users.
At Glo, we see yoga as the acceptance of the invitation to live fully—a lifelong process that begins as soon as we recognize that we all share the same human condition. Our intention is to empower people from all around the world to engage with yoga, a practice that goes far beyond physical movement on a mat.