The Creative Director is a champion of creative cohesion across Glo’s content, production and marketing teams. The Creative Director manages the creative team and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure consistency in Glo’s brand and voice throughout the product lifecycle. They have a keen eye for design and a strong pulse on industry trends, providing invaluable insight towards our growth and how to best service our customers.
Glo’s Creative Conscience
- Ensure brand consistency and creative vision across Glo’s departments.
- Translate complex ideas into beautiful and thoughtful executions true to Glo’s aesthetic and voice.
- Spearhead and manage content strategy for small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology.
- Develop and distribute internal voice and brand guides, ensuring consistency across every department.
- Review and approve creative assets developed by Glo’s creative teams, ensuring all deliverables effectively address our marketing goals and challenges.
- Present, or oversee the presentation of final concepts, and obtain approval for deliverables.
- Prioritize work and resources based on short and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating cross-functionally with content, production and marketing teams.
Iteration and Innovation
- Conduct industry research and analyze market trends to stay ahead of the curve in the digital wellness space, and implement fresh ideas that set Glo apart from its competitors.
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling digital assets and experiences for Glo’s community.
- Develop unique creative concepts that further Glo’s customer platform and brand identity, aligning with key partnerships and customer needs.
- Manage the creative team, consisting of the Jr. Designer and UX/UI Designer.
- Motivate creative team members and outside agencies to execute high quality work that consistently provides Glo’s customers with a memorable and transformational user experience.
- Understand and promote contemporary design, leveraging style, function, and motion.
- Contribute to the elevation of Glo’s advertising communications, content and product services in a way that is true to voice and brand, positioning Glo as a trailblazer within the industry.
Cross Departmental Collaboration
- Work alongside Glo’s content, product and marketing teams in the strategic development of external messages and product deliverables.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to manifest the creative for marketing plans and campaigns.
- Support cross-departmental collaboration to overcome challenges and map out paths around roadblocks to ensure successful delivery and brand cohesion.
- Meet with product, content and marketing teams to understand their needs and requirements; providing support to ensure successful project execution.
- Review and approve design, film and copy assets developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
- BA in Marketing or a related field, Master’s preferred.
- 4+ years experience as a Creative Director.
- Experience in digital and product strategy and research/insights.
- Strong ability to craft a creative story that inspires customers and team members.
- Distinctive artistic style and business acumen that drives innovative, successful solutions.
- Strong understanding of market trends and ability to translate those trends into tailored solutions for our customers.
- Strong ability to delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly.
- Enjoy ever-changing startup environment; successful track record of balancing process/chaos.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to captain the success of a creative team.
- A positive, energetic personality and a desire to do great work with great people.
- Must be based in Los Angeles and willing to work from Santa Monica headquarters.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet commitments.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.