The Content Data Scientist will play an essential role in deciphering and communicating user data to the Content Team. This role will translate metrics into insights and help drive creative decisions. Reporting to the Director of Content, the Data Scientist is a creative problem-solver, a strong communicator, and incredibly organized.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Aid the content team to monitor user behavior, prioritize features, measure content performance, and optimize product tools.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data sets to understand and predict user behavior.
- Develop frameworks that improve our understanding of Glo users and effectively communicate learnings across the content team.
- Own the design, development, validation, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, experiments and related roadmaps to drive content decisions.
- Transform large volumes of data into digestible reports and actionable insights.
- Build and maintain optimal dashboards (i.e. Tableau), and write SQL queries to support rapid decision making.
- Help design controlled experiments to test hypotheses about new features or content offerings.
- Collaborate with engineering and platform teams to implement, qa, and monitor our logging and metrics.
- Work closely with Data Engineers to ensure adequate data is available for analysis.
- Champion the analytics process – including business intelligence, data understanding, data preparation, data modeling, evaluation, and deployment; lead by example and by training business stakeholders with varying technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Lead research efforts outside of Glo’s content to inform the content team of outside trends and offerings to drive strategy as needed.
- B.A. or B.S. in a quantitative field such as Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics, experimental science, or similar.
- 6+ years of relevant analytical work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations, preferably at a video streaming service, subscription, or related company.
- Highly proficient with Python, R, SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools like Redshift, Tableau, Mixpanel, and Google Analytics.
- Well versed in probability theory, especially Bayes’ Law and Central Limit Theorem Numerical analysis.
- Ability to develop and manage an experimentation roadmap and work within a startup-feeling environment.
- Steadfast focus on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate complex quantitative analyses in clear and concise language.
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications including A/B testing, probability, regression, and linear regression.
- Experienced with numerical analytics (e.g.time series analysis and forecasting) and core machine learning methods (clustering, decision trees, k-NN).
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, learn autonomously, and highly organized.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field with 6+ years experience developing production ML models to solve problems such as product recommendations, ranking, and matching.
- Experience and passion working within the health and wellness industry.
- Experience with the following tools/project management tools: Tableau, Mixpanel, Google Analytics.
- Ability to approach problems creatively and build structure out of ambiguous requests.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. We offer industry competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation/sick time, 401K with match, and healthy snacks and drinks on tap. In keeping with our culture, Glo team members also enjoy an office that is open, inviting, and dog-friendly. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its users. Although we trust that you can do amazing work remote, this is an in-house only position, so candidates must be able to work from our HQ office in Santa Monica.