Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. The Content Data Analyst will play an essential role in deciphering and communicating user data for Glo’s Content Team. They will focus on driving content strategy on Glo’s platforms through measurement, analysis, and insight generation. This analyst will focus on improving business results through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis, and fast paced execution with an emphasis on driving actionable business recommendations. Reporting directly to the Director of Content, the ideal Data Analyst is a creative problem-solver, strong communicator, and organization whiz.
What You’ll Do:
- Experimentation: Develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically, technically, and statistically. Lead research efforts to inform the content team of outside trends and offerings to drive strategy as needed. Design controlled experiments to test hypotheses about new features or content offerings.
- Goaling and KPIs: Work “full-stack” to define KPIs and goal metrics with cross-functional stakeholders, forecast outcomes, and measure pacing against those targets.
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand the performance of content on the platform. When content engagement is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create a common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content. Develop frameworks that improve our understanding of Glo users and effectively communicate learnings across the content team.
- Reporting and Roadmapping: Transform large volumes of data into digestible reports and actionable insights. Collaborate with Data Engineers to build and maintain optimal dashboards (i.e. Tableau), and create SQL queries to support rapid decision making. Own the design, development, validation, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, experiments and related roadmaps to drive content decisions.
- Forecasting and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture. Work closely with Data Engineers to ensure adequate data is available for analysis, and collaborate with engineering and platform teams to implement, QA, and monitor our logging and metrics.
- Creative: Statistical analysis is only one part of the job. You have a creative spirit: one that pushes to experiment, remain flexible, and solve problems with a new, fresh perspective.
- Collaborative: Although there’s plenty of solo work time, you have the ability to share knowledge and collaborate as a team member.
- Curious: You look for the meaning—the “why”—behind the numbers. With an insatiable drive to discover actionable insights, you are constantly ask questions and search for solutions. Curiosity fuels you and the possibility of failure doesn’t scare you.
- Strategic: While you know how to dig deep and get lost in the data, you also have the ability to think beyond a tactical level. With a “big picture” outlook, you can keep both the client’s goals and the end customers in mind.
- Communicator: You understand how to transform meaningful data into digestible insights and how to communicate those insights to a wide range of audiences—everyone from the content and creative team to the IT department. By distilling the data into something simple, something people can believe in, you have the ability to communicate learnings in a way that makes people care.
- Learner: You understand that data analysis goes far beyond number-crunching. New technology, tools and theories require you to stay up-to-date by attending industry events, reading widely and making connections. You are a proactive thinker who thrives off of being challenged, day in and day out.
- Technical Expert: Finally, you have the technical chops that can only come from years of work as a Data Analyst. You can perform critical analysis with awareness of your own bias or expectation, as well as a deep understanding of tools, formulas and models that comes from hands-on experience.
- 3+ years experience in an analyst role at a video production, digital, e-commerce, or related industry.
- B.A. or B.S. in a quantitative field (Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics, experimental science, or similar), or equivalent experience.
- Ability to develop and manage an experimentation roadmap.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate complex quantitative analyses in clear and concise language.
- Proficiency with SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools like Tableau, Mixpanel, and Google Analytics.
- A solid grasp of common statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, probability, regression).
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for learning and working within the health and wellness industry.
- Experience with the following tools/project management tools: Tableau, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Wrike, Asana.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. We offer industry competitive salary, paid holidays, vacation/sick time, 401K with match, and healthy snacks and drinks on tap. In keeping with our culture, Glo team members also enjoy an office that is open, inviting, and dog-friendly. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its users. Although we trust that you can do amazing work remote, this is an in-house only position, so candidates must be able to work from our HQ office in Santa Monica.