Head of UX & Design
YogaGlo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for a Director of UX Design who has an insatiable curiosity, the desire to deeply understand the people we design for, and the expertise to execute on that understanding. Whether that is with hand drawn sketches, detailed interactive prototypes, deep qualitative research skills, or pixel-perfect visual design chops, you will contribute from a unique perspective that directly shapes the product and company.
What You’ll Do
- Own all UX and visual design across YogaGlo’s suite of apps - web, iOS, tvOS, and Android
- Plan and conduct user research activities, competitive audits and analysis, and propose elegant product design solutions
- Create all project-necessary documentation including ecosystems, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, user scenarios, functional specifications, navigation schemas and clickable prototypes
- Design and prepare production-ready assets, and work closely with Product and Engineering to produce the final product
- Continually identify opportunities for improving the overall user experience
- Plan and conduct usability evaluations and usability tests
- Be the user experience thought leader within the company, particularly rooted in behavioral change & psychology
What You Bring To YogaGlo
- 4+ years experience leading design for a digital product
- A deep passion for the user experience and desire to be on the forefront of innovation in the space
- An understanding of behavioral design & designing for habit formation
- Proven experience in designing across platforms - web, mobile, large screen, etc.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design
- Insightful design thinking, prolific exploration and a knack for experimentation
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) to clearly and logically articulate your design decisions
- An appreciation for the health and wellness industry
Who We Are
YogaGlo is an online yoga and meditation platform that features thousands of professionally-filmed yoga, meditation, and lecture classes.
Based in Santa Monica, CA, YogaGlo was founded in 2008 by brothers Derik and Ryan Mills on a quest to make yoga accessible for as many people as possible. Over the past decade, YogaGlo has grown organically thanks to our passionate members and world-class teacher community.
At YogaGlo, we see yoga as the acceptance of the invitation to live fully—a lifelong process that begins as soon as we recognize that we all share the same human condition. Our intention is to empower people from all around the world to engage with yoga, a practice that goes far beyond physical movement on a mat.